PubMed2XL 0.9.1 available [Sun, 03 Apr 2011 22:40:17 +0000]
I've uploaded a new version of PubMed2XL, a Windows application that converts article lists from pubmed.gov [http://pubmed.gov/] into Microsoft Excel files.
If you'd like to use the software you can download it for free.
For those who are interested, here's the changelog:
- worked with Björn Carlsson on a few things:
- added length checker for <getElement> so that abstracts greater than 32k characters would get truncated to the first 30k characters.
- see: http://blog.humaneguitarist.org/2011/03/16/dealing-with-a-pubmed2xl-bug/
- added <getAttributeByElementPosition> element.
- Updated schema.
- removed code that displayed the "aboutMessage" variable on the command line if command line options are used.
- This is because the diacritic in Mr. Carlsson's name caused encoding errors with the default Windows command prompt.
- added <hyperlinkSuffix> element so that alternate views of PubMed data could be passed via the URL.
- updated schema.
- For example, see this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21069543 then this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21069543?report=medline
- The hyperlink suffix of ?report=medline changes the display!
- For more information, see:
- PubMed Help — PubMed Help — NCBI Bookshelf. Retrieved November 13, 2010, from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=helppubmed&part=pubmedhelp&rendertype=table&id=pubmedhelp.T40
- pm_workbook.pdf. Retrieved November 13, 2010, from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/manuals/pm_workbook.pdf (see page 135).
- updated py2exe "setup.py" to automatically name the command line/console version correctly (i.e. with the "-CL" suffix).
- removed "src" folder and placed Python files in same folder as .exe's.
- this was the first version - that worked!