Please let me know of any good arts-medicine links. Thanks.
Arts Medicine/General Music Links:
- Musicians and Injuries: http://rsi.unl.edu/music.html
- Danish sitting researcher A.C. Mandal: http://www.acmandal.com
- I strongly encourage you to visit Dr. Mandal's site, as he is a primary source of reference for my article and for
Dr. Richard Norris' seating ideas in The Musician's Survival Guide. [ICSOM(1993)]. Serious guitarists may wish to aquire Dr.
Mandal's book The Seated Man [Dafnia Press(1987)] through inter-library loan. I have had, as of June 2002, some valuable and
interesting email correspondence with him and I would like to, in my own small way, help him to gain the recognition that he deserves.
Were it not for Dr. Mandal's research, I would not have been able to play the guitar after my own problems with back pain.
- About Seats and Sitting for Cellists and Other Musicians:http://home.earthlink.net/~vsazer/seating.html
- Institute of Physiology and Medicine of Art (Spain): http://www.institutart.com